Friday, January 1, 2010

Julie & Julia

Yay! I'm now officially a blogger, I wonder what adventures I will talk about, what people I could inspire, and most importantly how this blog will come to effect my future.

Okay so I finally got the urge to blog after watching Julie & Julia with my grandmother tonight. I thought it was an amazing movie and not only because Meryl Streep and Amy Adams were in it. I like the idea of sharing your ideas, your experiences with the cosmic void and getting input on it. What more are we as human but here to share with people; share the laughter, the love, and the endless knowledge of our world!

See this is also a test for me or a practice of sorts. I have always had the philosophy that greatness comes from experience and therefore to be a great writer you must step outside of your comfort zone and pursue different styles of writing to enhance your studied work. I am one day going to be a great writer and this is a stepping stone to that path. I am working on a children's book series now but some day I wish to write like the great men and women that I idolize.

Virgina Woolf, Sylvia Plath, Thomas Hardy, Carol Ann Duffy, James Joyce, and so many more. These people changed the incomprehensible art of literature to an even deeper level of the art of stream of consciousness. Amazing the "Inaccuracy of thought"(Virgina Woolf, Mark on the Wall) the weight of those words is more than one could almost comprehend. Life is amazing and unexpected and now our civilization has the power to record it's happenings in more ways than ever before, but still the written word is untouched.

Because thought is so inaccurate! An author could describe anything in the world and the reader has millions of option on how to develop the words into substance in their mind.

So here I go, throwing my thoughts out into the void in hopes that it feeds into the greater good for all. Until tomorrow night and every night there after....

No comments:

Post a Comment